1.06.2008

The Fred Factor

C: I cannot game Thompson's chances. Is South Carolina where he makes a dent? Granted he worked with Mariska Hargitay, who is uber-hotness, Mariska not Fred, but his juice doesn't seem to have any traction. His wife is cute so that's a plus from a piggish political photo op view. Maybe he has a certain Southern appeal that will bump him past his moment of will he/won't he. He also talks slow and funny so I can't always understand him. Regardless, I have a deep deep love for the U.S. Senate, the slow machinations of process have inhibited rash stupidity on many occasions, and Fred's a Senator. Does TV star Lurch in Armani bail or play on?

J: Fred! He was supposed to be the conservative knight riding in on his white horse to sweep the nomination. Instead, he's riding a Shetland pony and doesn't seem to be that concerned with the race.

His Southern charm would normally get him a touch of support, most of the GOP in the south also falls into the evangelical camp. Also, he was in the Senate during the Watergate trials. Not too hard to mistake him for the next Nixon rather than the next Reagan.

"He also talks slow and funny so I can't always understand him."- careful, prep school boy. Some of us enjoy our drawl.

C: Alright, granted that dialect jab was a cheap shot. A dude from Hope fattened my bank account, and I've got the silk ties in the closet to prove it, back when getting a blowjob was an impeachable offense. I'm all about building bridges, and you know I'm doing my best to support the Kentucky economy by drinking Bourbon like a whale having breakfast krill.

Thompson's foreign policy blither is more Scorched Earth than Nixon. Hell, Nixon looks like Kucinich compared to Rudy. Maybe Fred can rent RP's blimp after Dr. Ron bails on Wednesday.

C: I have to rewatch the NH debates this evening as I was, ummm challenged last night.

No comments: