1.06.2008

Bill Richardson

OK, let me start out by saying that I think Bill Richardson is the most qualified person to be our next President. He has executive experience, foreign policy experience, baseball experience (important when dealing with Cuba), and dammit, I want to have a beer with the man.

And, for the life of me, I don't understand how he's not getting more traction.

The man has been a Congressman, the UN ambassador, and a very successful governor. His resume is complete. And, yet, he seems to be gunning for a VP slot at best.

Just because I have opinions on politics doesn't mean I always understand.

C. I'm a Richardson fan as well. Met him at a Bill Clinton rally in downtown Albuquerque. It was a monstrous crowd, Clinton was a rockstar in New Mexico. Man oh man, Clinton rocked Route 66 that hot afternoon. It was a magical moment, not just a kissing hands and shaking babies dog and pony sideshow. And Bill Richardson is the Land of Enchantment's favorite son, and a very engaging speaker, he did the warm-up intro speech. Richardson's got game, you know that strange knack of speaking as if he's talking only to you and not mistaking you for a moronic sheeple. Spoke to the Sec. of Energy, or ambassador, or Fixer of Global Crap, I forget what his gig was at that moment, after the rally, got his autograph. Geezus, he's a tall bastard, no wonder dictators back off when he comes calling. As governor, he's also dragged New Mexico out of Alabama status. If it were not for the Wen Ho Lee fiasco, Richardson probably would have been Al Gore's VP pick. Chinese spy/not spy clusterfuck that was. Gore would have won easily and we wouldn't be in the shithouse right now.

No comments: