2.24.2008

Nader's In.

J: But why? I understood the reason for Nader's campaign in 2000, and somewhat in 2K4. I just can't see a reason for his run this time around. Senators Clinton and Obama should lean far enough left for his taste, and John McCain is not the epitome of Neocon.

I don't understand his reasons for running, and I really don't understand where he thinks he'll get the signatures to appear on the ballot. In fact, the only conclusion I can draw from this is that Ralph Nader is an attention whore. Oh, and just in case Mr. Nader is reading this- I voted for Harry Browne over you in 2000!

OK, rant over. C should be around to set me straight shortly.

C: *smacks forehead* Well, Mr. Nader lacks nuance and stealth. He 'hinted' at running a month or two ago, and by 'hinting' I mean I should know better that 'hinting' means he's running. And I'm glad he's running. The Weirdness Gods are kind with their gifting. And part of the Weirdness is that Obama has co-opted Nader's 2000 agenda, I can prove this if anyone questions this concept. Why is Ralph running? I have no idea, it's America and he can?

Here's what to watch for: Democratic leadership and the Media implying that Democratic voters are morons. Every time they perpetuate the mythology that Nader cost Gore the White House, they impune every Democrat who voted for Bush. In 2008, GWB has the lowest historical approval rating of any modern President. It appears that Democrats weren't smart enough to tar and feather Bush the first two go arounds. Now it's popular to think, OK let's chain-whip him and drag him behind a motorcycle. Oooo, look, something shiny...

Can Nader raise the entertainment value of this grim March to the White House? Surely. And that is reason enough.

note: He's tall enough to be President.

No comments: