2.20.2008

Throw the Spaghetti

C: Against the Norge. It's done. Cooked. Ready to plate. Senator Obama has trounced Senator Clinton in Wisconsin*. The Land of Curds and Beer has laid a smackdown on Hilary. Double digits. Good lord, in the book of how to screw up a fine campaign with arrogance, laziness, strategic blundering, spousal hubris, financial incompetence and a plain, remarkable resemblance to the adaptibility of tectonic plates, these people are impressive in their stupidity.

NAFTA? Say goodbye to OH and TX.

How do I fit in here Norah O'Donnell is hot?

Obama runs the table, owns the show. Dam, the man can speech. He'd best enjoy the next few months. The wolves are licking their chops. You thought Kerry's 'swiftboating' was nasty?

A sidenote: At the grocery today, Huckabee's book was in the clearance rack. No shit.

Une autre sidenote: New Mexico finished counting a few days ago. Who knows. "Oh, what's that? A box, filled with what? Ballots?"

*Like all other ahole journalists we're required by law to whine how we did not get the Hawaii assignment.

J: This should not come as a surprise. A wise man said " This has everything to do with geography. Look at the rest of February: Louisiana, Nebraska, Washington, U.S. Virgin Islands, Maine, District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Hawaii, and Wisconsin all hold primaries or caucuses. I don't see a single state, district, or territory where Hillary can walk in and win easily. He has the momentum, he has the charisma, he has the money."

Some people tried to argue with me... the same people who argued with me when I declared McCain the front-runner. All this tells me is that I should gamble a lot more on the primaries. I have no call on Ohio, but I predict Texas may turn for Obama. The early-voting period started yesterday, and the turnout- predominantly driven by the Obama camp- is the largest in history.

I'm interested to see the smear campaign, though. If the Clintons can't find good dirt on an opponent, I don't know who will. And I really have no clue how to spin an Obama weakness into a McCain strength. The best one I've seen so far is a claim that Senator Obama is the Antichrist. It's a little early in the cycle to play the big cards like that. I wish I was making that up, but throw Obama antichrist into your favorite search engine... it's out there. It's even being tied into the Mayan prophecy that the world will end in 2012.

Speaking of bets, I'm trying to look at the NBA's Western Conference and make sense of things. Will the addition of Jason Kidd be enough to push past Phoenix and Shaq? Will either have enough weapons to handle Kobe and Gasol in L.A.? Will any of the three have the horses to unseat the Spurs? And what, exactly, is going on in New Orleans? Time will tell... and I still like Boston in 6 over any of these teams. But not enough to lay serious scratch.

C: Political Kreskin you may be. NBA, not so much. I've got tix to the Blazers/Boston game on the 24th, my hometown puppies will spank the Celtics. Wait until the Oden era...

Shaq is old and fat and busted up. Kidd's a wifebeater. Never bet against the Spurs.

And it's time to juice up the VP speculation for both eventual nominees.

No comments: